VL2 STORYBOOK CREATOR END USER LICENSING AGREEMENT
Last Updated: October 1, 2016
1. Under this End User Licensing Agreement (the “Agreement”), Gallaudet University (the “Vendor”) grants to the user (the “Licensee”) a non-exclusive and non-transferable license (the “License”) to use VL2 Storybook Creator (the “Software”).
2. “Software” includes the executable computer programs, the source code and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
3. Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a license for use only and is not any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
4. The Software may be loaded onto no more than two computers. A single copy may be made for backup purposes only. Please obtain written consent (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to install into more than two computers.
5. The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by one or more third parties.
6. The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies. Please obtain written consent (via email: email@example.com) to perform modifications, or to create plugins.
7. Sales and Distribution. This EULA allows the Licensee to sell (for profit) and distribute an app generated by the Software. This EULA allows the Licensee to use the graphics that is included for the Sample Storybook. The Licensee owns its original content used on the Software.
For further clarification: A purchase of the Storybook Creator allows you to submit one (1) app to the Apple App Store. To submit a new app; please purchase a new Storybook Creator. A purchase equals a license to submit one app to the App Store. You keep your revenues.
8. Promotional Rights. Vendor holds the rights to advertise and create promotional material (using images or the likeness) of app(s) generated by the Storybook Creator.
9. Credits. The Licensee is required to leave this following language and disclaimer in the credits page:
Built on the VL2 Storybook Creator.
VL2 Storybook Creator is made possible by National Science Foundation Science of Learning Center on Visual Language and Visual Learning at Gallaudet University. Acknowledgements: Melissa Malzkuhn (Project Director), Timothy Kettering (Lead Programmer), Jacob Shamberg (Design), and Yiqiao Wang (Graphics).
Any content expressed using the Storybook Creator are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Visual Language and Visual Learning at Gallaudet University.
10. Liability Waiver. The Vendor is not responsible for any opinions, conclusions, or material by the Licensee. The Vendor is not responsible for Terms and Conditions with the App Store and does not make any guarantees that the App will be accepted into the App Store.
11. Termination: Failure to comply with any of the terms under the License section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement and may result in termination of use. If termination occurs; the Licensee acknowledges that this Agreement is voided; all copies of Software must be removed from computers and deleted; and apps generated by Software must be removed from the App Store within sixty (60) calendar days of termination notification.
12. License Fee. The original purchase price paid by the Licensee will constitute the entire license fee and is the full consideration for this Agreement.
13. Additional license purchases. To buy additional license(s), please go to www.VL2StorybookCreator.com and purchase a Storybook Creator. A single purchase equals a license to submit to the App Store (iTunes Connect).
THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING THE STORYBOOK CREATOR!
KEEP CREATING AND INNOVATING!
questions or concerns pertaining to this End User Licensing Agreement, CONTACT:
Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project director: email@example.com
SEND written inquiries TO:
Gallaudet University, SLCC 1221
800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington DC 20002, USA